You may notice some people who never smile. At first you might think they are aloof or just plain rude. However, have you ever thought that maybe they are just ashamed of their teeth? That is why they rarely smile?
Well, not everyone is lucky to have pearly white teeth. We also know that teeth whitening can be very expensive. So for those who are on a tight budget and wish to achieve whiter teeth here are some affordable tips for you.
1. Baking Soda. Baking soda is not only for cooking. It actually has many different purposes. Just like in teeth whitening. This is proven to be safe and effective, even dentists recommend it. Just put some baking soda on a wet toothbrush or blend it with your toothpaste. Use it everyday and you will see a big difference on your teeth.
2. Strawberries. Strawberries have natural teeth whitening agents. Add up its seeds, which are great for cleaning. You’ll have pearly white teeth in no time. Get some strawberries, mash it or just rub it on your teeth for instant white teeth. Remember to brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste immediately after applying strawberries.
3. Wood Ash. You may not believe it but wood ash is also a great agent in teeth whitening. Wood ash contains potassium hydroxide that bleaches teeth. Its tiny crystals rub off plaque even in those hard to reach places. These tiny crystals will polish your teeth clean. Bear in mind that you cannot always do this as wood ash can also wear down your tooth enamel. Do this once or thrice a month. To use this, just apply some on your toothbrush or mix it with your favorite toothpaste.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide. Aside from baking soda this is the next affordable teeth whitening you can use. There are a couple of ways to use hydrogen peroxide. You can use it as a gargle, but please never swallow! Or you can swish it for a minute after you have brushed your teeth. Spew out and rinse your mouth with water. You can also grab a cotton bud and dip it in the solution. Polish the front and back of your teeth gently. Remember to rinse it with water afterwards.
5. Homemade Toothpaste. Commercial whitening toothpastes are very costly and sometimes they don’t really work. So here are the ingredients for effective and cheap toothpaste. Baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, table salt and a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
Simply mix all ingredients together. As soon as its consistency is the same as a paste, put it on your toothbrush and brush away those stains. You see, who said teeth whitening needs to be expensive?
These simple solutions are cheap, handy and are easy to find. All you need to do is check your kitchen cupboards to search for these teeth whitening agents.